Cosmelan Professional Brightening Treatment….efficient cosmetic lightening method against skin blemishes caused by melanin.
Benefits of a Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel:
- Reduces dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Effective in the treatment of Melasma and Cholasma
- Minimal pain
- Quick results
- Gentle enough for all skin types
- Carries few side effects
Cosmelan is a professional depigmentation peel system. It is a two-phase process with the first step performed in the clinic. The Cosmelan 1 peel is applied to the face and left on for 6-10 hours. On the third day the skin will have some extreme peeling. After 7 days the second step using Cosmelan 2 is applied to prevent reoccurrence. This is a tyrosinase inhibitor, which works by sedating the production of excess melanin.
When it comes to melasma regular maintenance program is essential to reduce the chances of reoccurrence. Cosmelan may be required every 6 months in severe cases. A tyrosinase inhibitor is required for as long as the person wishes to prevent the formation of new pigmentation.
Having your skin assessed by a skin expert is the first step, to ensure you know what type of pigmentation you are treating. Once you have a diagnosis, investigating and addressing the underlying causes, for example, the oral contraceptive pill or prolonged UV exposure, is the next step before progressing to treatment.
Cosmelan aims to reduce and eliminate skin blemishes of melanic origin.
Application of Cosmelan inhibits the melanogenesis process paralysing melanin production for a long period of time during which corneum stratum flaking plus the action of the macrophagic cells taking the melanin deposits with them.
Reversible inhibition of tyrosinase activity
Inhibition of the tyrosinase is only activated during treatment application. When finished, the enzyme recovers its activity producing new melanin, particularly if there is solar stimulus. Due to this, application of topical depigmentants must be reiterative to obtain results.
Inhibitor action without damaging melanocyte
Under no circumstance does tyrosinase inhibition make the melanocytes disappear, but simply paralyses or stops melanin production, without risk of white blemishes appearing. Cosmelan action causes complementary inhibition of other enzymes involved in the eumelanin production process, like dopa tautomerase, among others.
- Rapid lightening action: Intervening in the advanced stage of melanogenesis.
- For all kinds of skin blemishes of melanic origin: Particularly efficient in reducing localised epidermis blemishes.
- Any season of the year: even in summer, followed by use of total sunblock to guarantee treatment effectiveness (complete moisturising sunblock or dermatological complete sunblock by Mesoestetic)
- Good tolerance, all skin phototypes: All Cosmelan formulas have been rigorously prepared to guarantee maximum tolerance. Apt for all phototypes and cases.
- Proven efficiency: Numerous “in vivo” and “in vitro” tests performed.
- Lightening and luminosity: It contains agents which equalise skin tone giving it luminosity.
Cosmelan- Frequently Asked Questions
Standard pigmentation as a condition is treatable and prevention of re-occurrence is realistic. Melasma is more complicated and may require many attempts with different modalities. It can take a very long time to find the right solution for the individual, as a solution that works for one person may not work with another. Once the condition is showing results, then an ongoing multi-step program is essential to manage re-occurrence. The person that has melasma should set their expectations and understand it can be a long and expensive road to manage this very difficult condition. The improvement can vary from slight to acceptable.
How pigmented lesion removal works
Cosmelan Professional Treatment has active ingredients that are absorbs by the skin during a 6-10 hour period. This initiates a process of intense skin shedding and ejects the pigment from the skin over a week period. It is then followed up with a tyrosinase inhibitor to prevent pigment re-occurrence. Together with a SPF50 sunscreen this program will manage pigmented lesions.
How many treatments are required?
Only 1 Cosmelan Professional Treatment is required to see results. 6 monthly treatments may be required for severe cases of melasma. The melasma condition may come back if the underlying triggers are still present therefore Cosmelan Professional treatment is a management solution.
What is the recovery after a treatment?
There is no downtime or discomfort. You are required to keep the initial treatment on the face for 6-10 hours – so you need to be home or in a comfortable environment for the day. You will have some redness like a light sunburn for 24 hours. On the 3rd or 4th day, intense skin shedding will occur. You may wear tinted moisturiser 48 hours after the treatment.
How much does the Cosmelan pigmentation removal treatment cost?
Cosmelan Professional Treatment cost is $1200. This includes:
- In salon professional peel
- Cosmelan 2 tyrosinase inhibitor serum which lasts for 3-4 months for maintenance
- Mesoestetic immediate post peel after care- Hydra Milk Cleanser, Hydratonic, Melan Recovery, Hydra-Vital Face Mask, Moisturiser with Sunscreen
Call Back to Blank for a complimentary consultation and all the information you require for Cosmelan
Before After Before After